Sunday 11 May 2008

Sleek Cafe


Recently the motherboard in my office laptop started failing so I ended up at Sim Lim Square having coffee while waiting for the computer technician to diagnose what was wrong. Naturally the Coffee Concierge looked around for the nearest coffee cafe and ended up in Sleek Cafe which is in the basement of Sim Lim Square near the food court. It's a rather nice spot and relatively uncrowded. With the wooden deck and dark wood furniture and sunlight coming in through the top end of the basement, it's reasonably pleasant to sit in. The coffee turned out better than expected. While the crema didn't exactly last long, the flavour of the expresso was actually sweet at first sip which is a first in all the cafes I've gone to so far in Singapore. (I don't add sugar in general.) The flavours were actually relatively well balanced and sourness only started to seep in when it was distinctly cooler. All in all, a decent enough cup. The cupcake this time definitely took a second place to the expresso as it was clearly made from an instant mix and the dollop of icing on top equally instant with a taste to match.

Sadly however I still haven't got my laptop back so I'll just have to pay this cafe another visit when I go to pick up a hopefully fixed computer.

Price: S$2.80
Rating: 3.5 beans
Service: 3 beans

No comments: